CCTV (closed-circuit television) is a Camera image to TV system to monitor the activities on the area, primarily for surveillance and security purposes.
CCTV system mainly consists of cameras, CCTV box and a monitor. Because the cameras communicate with monitors and/or video recorders across private coaxial/TCP/IP cable runs or wireless communication links, they works as a “closed-circuit” to indicate that access to their content is limited by design only to those able to see it.
Older CCTV systems used small, low-resolution black and white monitors with no interactive capabilities. Modern CCTV by our ‘Rhema Agencies‘ displays can be color, high-resolution displays and can include the ability to zoom in on an image or track something (or someone) among their features.
Where to use the CCTV Camera system ?
CCTV is commonly used for a variety of purposes, as:
- School, Hospitals, Commercial shops, visitors area, clinics, marriage halls, office area etc.,
- Observing behavior of incarcerated inmates and potentially dangerous patients in medical facilities.
- Vehicle Traffic monitoring purposes.
- Overseeing locations that would be hazardous to a human, for example, highly radioactive or toxic industrial environments.
- Commercial Building and grounds security.
- Obtaining a visual record of activities in situations where it is necessary to maintain proper security or access controls (for example, in a diamond cutting or sorting operation; in banks, casinos, or airports).